Let's talk about it - Purity (Part 2)

by - 08:19:00

Hello, Helloo!

Its me again, with a new blog post up for you guys to read.


So we are still on this matter of purity! (We will call this post the part 2 and hopefully the concluding part to this topic lol)


Before I start, I have a quick question to throw at you guys:


"Does the pursuit of purity stop once in marriage?"





Let me know what you guys think.. I would really love to understand the different perceptions there could possibly be to this question.

There is a video that has pretty much gone viral on the internet.


You can watch the video HERE!


For those that may not be able to watch the video, I will quickly summarise what the video entails.


The clip is from Steve Harvey's show titled "nothing wrong with a man that is in love with his wife". (Steve Harvey is a popular american producer.)


Yerp, back to my summary..


"So one of his guests asked a question on whether it was a sin for her husband to be 'touching her up' (a better could be groping) right before she leads worship in church. She is a worship leader and her husband is a keyboardist and also preacher. Their marriage at the time of the video has been on going for 5 years and 4 days. The lady also mentioned that she finds it distracting when her husband is this affectionate towards her - especially when it is just before her ministrations. Whilst she ministers, he constantly winks at her and even in their personal prayer time at home, he grabs her butt!!"

So that is my summary..

(feel free to take some time to let all that sink in loool)

I hope you guys now understand why I asked my question on - "Does the pursuit of purity stop once in marriage?"


I have read some of the comments in regards to what people think of her question and majority of people do not see anything wrong with what her husband is doing. He is simply just showing her love and people have advised her to literally 'get over it'.


I on the other hand, do not agree with it.


I believe that there is definitely a time and place for everything.


I mean for one, the purpose of the church is definitely not for indecent activities. 


Both the woman and her husband are in roles of leadership in the church and one thing I  always say is that - whether you are a leader or not, you need to be aware of the fact that you are being watched (maybe watched is a creepy word so I will stick to observed)


There is a certain way we are to carry ourselves and live out our lives especially as believers and this is highly due to the fact that we are being observed. We need to be aware that people do not necessarily need to announce that they are watching you before you come to the acceptance of this.


The bible says in Mark 9:42:
"Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea."

By little children, the bible refers to young Christians and to think that such an indecent act could lead a young person/believer astray is actually frightening. People could observe the man's way of 'showing his wife love' and that could literally become their own definition of moral standards in the church..


Even if we were to disregard the leadership role/position that both the wife and husband are in, I would still have the same views.


The bible says "you shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth." (Exodus 20:4)


We can never really know the full story of what is going on in that marriage but to me personally, it comes across like a case of idolatry.

God is clear that he is a jealous God and he does not want anything or anyone to steal our affection to a point where it overrides the affection we have towards him.


The husband in this clip is clearly struggling with Idolatry. He can not seem to do anything without groping his wife.. 


I don't quite get how he can be playing his keyboard to worship God and still have the time to be winking at his wife?


Some would argue he is great at multi tasking but the way I see it, when it comes to worship - especially to God, all other tasks must be dropped! 

I honestly don't believe that he is able to worship God in that setting. Perhaps he is but he is definitely not doing it to the fullness of his ability and capability.

"Praying alongside groping". I have never heard the two ever be used in a sentence before. (I found her comment on this particularly scary).


He is lifting his wife above God in my opinion!


The marriage has been ongoing for 5 years and I pray they do enjoy many more great years together.


However, I cannot help but think that this indecent behavior from the husband, did not start in marriage but rather in the dating stage.


"what you allow before marriage will or can only escalate in marriage!"


I personally find her husband rude and this is because the wife clearly expressed how uncomfortable she was. Love is supposed to be a self-less act; where you put aside your own desires to ensure other peoples desires are met.


In this case, the husband clearly disregarded the views of his wife.


RANT OVER!!


Please do not see this as me being judgmental but rather see it as me expressing my views on the matter.




Till next time.

Ejiji-Vintage
(Princess)

x




You May Also Like

0 comments