I Kissed Dating Goodbye - Joshua Harris

by - 01:21:00









"Undistracted devotion to God"

One of my new year resolutions is to READ MORE.

So I started with a Christian novel by Joshua Harris, titled 'I Kissed Dating Goodbye'.

Although I haven't finished reading the book , I thought i'd share a few things with you guys.

For the past 2 weeks, the phrase "undistracted devotion to God" has been a re-occurring message in my life.

In the book, Joshua Harris talks how any season of singleness is a gift from God.

Its the idea that singleness is not a punishment from God but more of a season in which he wants us to develop our intimate relationship with him.

For me, that means a lot.

I have realised that at one stage in our different lives, we all get consumed with the idea of getting into a relationship or getting married.

We can get so obsessed to the stage where we become more focused on the future rather than our current life.

There is a time for everything, and whilst we wait for Gods timing, I do believe it is best to make the most of every opportunity.

That phrase has encouraged me to draw close to God, learn to love and see him as the source everything in my life.

I am now consciously making an effort to improve myself and through that I have been learning a lot about myself.

I have come to realise that when your focus is GOD then nothing else really matters.

So I would say this as an encouragement post.

Whether your single, courting or married, FOCUS ON GOD.


Till next time.

Ejiji-Vintage
x

You May Also Like

0 comments